Advertisements

Posts Tagged ‘Battery Relocation

03
Apr
11

Project KP30: Relocation Station Part #2

So, this weekend battery relocation escalated… Six weeks later here’s how it sits!

I got carried away and re-painted the bay and rocker lid.   That’s not what took the time though;  There’s been the usual mix of real life getting in the way of play time, but I did end up spending a whole week chasing electrical gremlins.  I knew me and wiring was a bad idea.  The problem turned out to be a combination of a dodgy earth and a (subsequently) fried voltage regulator (sorry, phone pics).

A massive shout has to go to Luke at WOSP Performance who sorted me out with a plug and play electric regulator (and a spare mechanical one).  I never thought I’d get one to fit the car second-hand, nevermind an upgraded electrical one.

Oh yeah, this pic shows how it was before.  I’ve moved everything under the wing and built a new loom to keep everything in the bay clean.

LSD plans have taken a back seat for now.  Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this.  I think I’m going to convert the axle to a 5.6″ over next winter and with that get some new wheels.  Now the weather is better I don’t want the car off the road!

Advertisements
25
Feb
11

Project KP30: Relocation Station Part #1

For this summer I wanted to shift the battery into the boot and tidy the bay up generally.  It won’t be a full on wire tuck, but I will be ditching the horn, voltage regulator, some wiring and erm the battery to give a cleaner look and more space to play.

This morning I picked up the cable and connectors I need:

.

I stripped off the exhaust and carbs to change all the gaskets and misab rings.  I also wanted to see if the 4-1 manifold I picked up might fit…it’s not even close so I’ll be sticking to my 4-2-1.

I was really hoping to get more done over the last couple of weeks, but it’s not happened so the car is still in the air (and will be for a few more weeks)

I’ve also secretly been stuffing money down the back of my Sofa and have hopefully saved up enough to fund an LSD.   This will MAKE this car.  Having driven it with a welded diff it was a total animal, so hopefully with the ability to unlock, it will be manageable when parking and a total hang-wagon.  I’ve started making enquiries and have consulted Thomas Delien the font of Toyota knowledge (more on his car soon) and it appears the car has a “U292” diff:

This means (in theory) a 6″ KP61 diff should fit, so if anyone out there has one for sale, any more info on what will fit or any leads as to where I can get one hit me up on the usual channels:

Comments

FACEBOOK

Racer_86@hotmail.com

Thanks!