Advertisements

Oct

Project E30: M-Tech Tracksuit

I’ve had the car a week now and all is well.  I’ve started ordering parts for it, but more on that later…I know it’s boring, but I’ve mainly been doing service stuff and finally getting a few pics:

Current wheels are 15×7 et 13 Fondmetals which are alleged to have come on it from the factory; there is a lot of cool history with the car and some of the other parts fitted point towards either someone being big buddies with the manufacturing plant or spending a lot of money on the options list…

Got tapes?

Stereo remote

OK, I’ll come clean…depite the iS front lip, SE skirts, Shadow line pack, boot spoiler and wheels…it’s…it’s…a…..316i

I looked at loads of these cars and they were either destroyed or rotten.  This car is immaculate, even better than the pics show.  I actually feel bad getting it wet.  I figured it was better buying the best car I could and then, if the urge takes me, throw an M42 in it.  To be honest I thought it would be slightly slower than driving something steam-powered.  Happily it’s not that bad; it will cruise at 80 in silence without revving its head off and is even good on fuel.   For what I need it to do right now it’s perfect.

Service time:

Yeah, that’s genuine NOS BMW underseal.  OEM+

My compressor regulator broke, so I ended up spraying it at 100psi.  At least I know it’s got everywhere!

Hopefully my parts will start to come in over the next couple of weeks and I can get the old girl closer to terra firma in a big way.

Advertisements

9 Responses to “Project E30: M-Tech Tracksuit”

1. 1 RyanKuan
    October 31, 2010 at 12:45 am

Wow that has some rare options indeed….

2. 2 Topi AKA T-DOGG AKA BOSS FACE 3000
    October 31, 2010 at 3:32 am

Yeah man!

E30s are actually the best car ever made, good job finding a minty mint one. Maybe one day you’ll drop in an M42 engine with no silincers and decimate all at Race-Wars

3. October 31, 2010 at 4:41 am

just keeping it stock with a slight touch of low is already enough… nice ride

4. 4 Chris
    October 31, 2010 at 5:28 am

Wow! Holy Clean Batman! I’m not a bimmer aficionado, so I don’t recognize the “rare” stuff, but it is so clean for a car that old. Just wow! The 4 pot is surely great on petrol and lighter weight, should make for a well balanced ma-chine.

5. 5 Slag
    October 31, 2010 at 9:09 am

These have got to be rarer (and therefore better) than a 318, right?

6. 6 friday
    October 31, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Love the simplicity of the center console, and the interior in general. That head unit looks badass. When it comes to the pleasure of the drive, is it a worthy replacement for the roadster?

7. 7 beto
    November 3, 2010 at 5:53 am

Deffinately all it needs is a lowering and and narrower tires….clean

8. November 4, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Man, that thing is beautiful.
    It’s definitely nice to know that there are still people out there who keep older cars in great shape.