Advertisements

Jan

Cooler Corolla?

These cars seem to be overshadowed massively by the AE86 and  I can’t help but think it’s a real shame.  I’ve been keeping my eye out for one, but they always seem to be autos that come up for sale.  Anyway, awesome looking cars with all the right bits: Engine in the front, power to the rear.

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Cooler Corolla?”

1. 1 Ricky
    January 21, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Which model designation was this ??

2. 2 Ricky
    January 21, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Eek, scrub that, I just saw the tags. Sorry.

3. January 22, 2010 at 8:25 am

Model number is RA65 .. RA61 is the coupe 🙂

Nearly had one as my first car… bought and Alfa Romeo instead 😉

Now days though… cheap with plenty of potential.

4. 4 Freddy
    January 22, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I have one!..Well..its a RA64….
    Theres the coupe and hatch just like the Corolla…
    Ibstead of a 4AG theyCelica has a 22-RE truck motor…mine has 185,00 original miles!!
    Runs Perfect…
    ITs for sale BTW!!

5. 5 JPRA64
    January 23, 2010 at 12:17 am

Yeeah!! finally some spot light on the old celica! i got an 84 GT coupe and i gotta to say its the most fun you can have with 100hp =D The second picture is what i want to end up with but yeah i would consider getting one cause even if its an automatic, once you fall in love i bet a 5 speed will come shortly after, trust me 😉 and IMO way cooler than a corolla!

6. January 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Love these Celica’s!
    Almost bought a RA61 but needed to sell our other car first (Still isn’t sold nobody wants a Golf 3 diesel here…) and then it was gone 😦
    Still searching for a nice one tho.
    Posted some other photos on our blog:

7. 8 Marcel
    January 23, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Hi Rob,

You didn’t open your E mail to see my ride

8. January 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Marcel? That’s my name. Anyway the second on is the sickest to me.

9. 10 racer86
    January 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Hey Marcel,

Thanks for your email, your car looks awesome! I’m getting together a few readers rids and I’ll post them up! Thanks again for your email!

Rob.

10. 11 Josh
    January 27, 2010 at 1:15 am

these are cool cars, but it seems that world wide these came with a variety of motors, the 2t, 3t, 1S, 18r-g, 3t-gte, 20r, 22re, and finally the 4age….basically every 4 cylinder toyota made in the early 80’s found it’s way into that car.
    Personally I hated these cars for the longest time until i saw one with 15×9 wheels with a -20 offset and a serious dump. found here http://www.celica-gts.com/forums/index.php?topic=13500.0

needless to say I’ve grown to like them, but i think I’d toss the 22re and get a turbo’d 4agze or a non-turbo 2jz