Advertisements

Nov

BMW E36 Pondering and Armin Ausejo…

Having recently moved into a new apartment and Job all my commuting is now motorway base. This is indeed lame, especially when my daily is a bucket seated, straight-through exhausted, back-road hero roadster that isn’t exactly geared like a GT car. OK, so I’m not getting soft, I have daily-d all sorts of low and noisy cars since I got my licence, but sometimes it would just be nice to so slip into a nice leather seat and throw on the 8-speaker stereo!

Which leads me onto the awesome work and blog of Armin Ausejo I spotted this “M-Thrizzle” on his site and it has got me looking into them again!

I have however been down this road before…Here are a couple of (really, really bad) shots of my old 36. Angle-grinder spec springs, LSD, 16×9″ et15 Borbets with 20mm spacer on the back and pulled arches.

I miss that car.

Opinions please: Keep the roadster or build another drug dealer car…..

EDIT: Just wanted to include this from back in the day. Nice!

Advertisements

6 Responses to “BMW E36 Pondering and Armin Ausejo…”

1. November 9, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Definitely go for the bimmer. I’ve got a mint ’98 318is in Hellrot, you know you want it. you know who this is. Sport engine isit?

2. November 9, 2008 at 7:05 pm

U know you want to! Got a hellrot 318is for sale in the next couple days (as soon as i get the pics down’loaded and the ad’s run)

3. 3 RicerX
    November 11, 2008 at 2:21 am

e36’s are cool, but your roadster is beyond cool.

i’d keep the roadster!

4. November 11, 2008 at 10:45 am

those Borbet are OGs. Love em.

E36 are a fun car to work on. Lots of aftermarket parts available. Get OBD1 to keep life simple. 🙂

5. April 1, 2009 at 7:01 am

Hah… Keep the roadster as a fun-car, and buy a E36 (E46 maybe?) packed with all the extras.
    I’ve tried comuting with my ex-track car, and believe me, I would never do it again. 🙂 Maybe I’m getting too old for this 😉

6. 6 E35
    October 10, 2009 at 9:20 pm

What is wheel size for the white e36???