Advertisements

05
Aug
08

Project KP30; RE-Engine-ering

OK, I know what you are thinking; its back in bits already?! Well, It was nice to drive with it’s mild cam and quiet lifters but where is the fun if it doesn’t terrify you?

So… off came the head. Incidentally it turned out there were no valve stem seals on the exhaust valves which explained the little bit of oil consumption.

Out came the hydraulic lifters which I replaced with solid lifters (shown at the back with the adjustable rocker gear).

The simplex timing chain had to go aswell

With the engine mounts released I was able to jack the engine enough to remove the cam without having to take the engine out

The it was time to put it all back together. In went the Kent T125 Cam

Duplex gear fitted and the cam dialled in

Fresh gasket set, oil and filter

While I had the manifold off I took the opportunity to re-wrap it as the old stuff was falling to bits. I went for black wrap this time to help it stay looking fresh even if I am messing about with grubby hands

Head, carbs, manifold, adjustable rocker gear and cooling system later she fired first go!

I can finally say I have an engine that uses no oil, runs amazingly and is fully scary! Result!

Advertisements

1 Response to “Project KP30; RE-Engine-ering”


  1. December 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

    hi, that’s a respectable instal. There is many mistakes but the primary is here.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Advertisements

%d bloggers like this: