Advertisements

08
Apr
08

Project KP30; Camber Chamelion

More progress; My KW top mounts arrived!

A guy I work with (Thanks Roody) has a mate who works for KW  so some pics, measurements and 2 weeks later I have these at a very reasonable price.

First job was to bore out the bearing carriers to fit my 15mm Struts.

I had to do bit of lathe work on the spring top mounts and damper bodies to allow the bearing carriers to sit flush and maximise my suspension travel.

I turned down the original nuts so they would support the spherical bearings and maximise the thread engagement.

Before:

After:

I changed the oil and reassembled the struts. One of the nice things about this car is that the struts are fully rebuild-able allowing me to change oil weight based on how the car feels and what spring rate I am using.

Then bolted them up to the car

They have cured the rubbing and allowed me to keep the wheel fitment tight to the arch so all in a total result.

Now the suspension is sorted I need to get the tracking done and then it will be spot on.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Project KP30; Camber Chamelion”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Advertisements

%d bloggers like this: