What a mission! Today I tackled the last starter bolt (arrowed below; this pic was taken with the camera shoved up the tunnel). After 3 hours of fighting I gave up…
and drilled it out. You can see why I couldn’t get it off; it was well rounded!
I have spent about 5 hours just on that one bolt; seriously, not fun! Once it was off it was a case of dropping the last bell-housing bolts and dropping the ‘box off.
Only problem is because the car is so low, (despite my best efforts to get is a high as I could) the gearbox won’t come out from below the car; there is just not enough space front, back or past the sills! So, it’s going to have to stay under the car until it goes back on and I will have to change the thrust bearing under the car!
Last shot of the old clutch
Hopefully I get sent the right clutch and I can be back on the road next weekend (work sucks and gets in the way of everything!).