About these ads

Apr

Project KP30: Relocation Station Part #2

So, this weekend battery relocation escalated… Six weeks later here’s how it sits!

I got carried away and re-painted the bay and rocker lid.   That’s not what took the time though;  There’s been the usual mix of real life getting in the way of play time, but I did end up spending a whole week chasing electrical gremlins.  I knew me and wiring was a bad idea.  The problem turned out to be a combination of a dodgy earth and a (subsequently) fried voltage regulator (sorry, phone pics).

A massive shout has to go to Luke at WOSP Performance who sorted me out with a plug and play electric regulator (and a spare mechanical one).  I never thought I’d get one to fit the car second-hand, nevermind an upgraded electrical one.

Oh yeah, this pic shows how it was before.  I’ve moved everything under the wing and built a new loom to keep everything in the bay clean.

LSD plans have taken a back seat for now.  Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this.  I think I’m going to convert the axle to a 5.6″ over next winter and with that get some new wheels.  Now the weather is better I don’t want the car off the road!

About these ads

8 Responses to “Project KP30: Relocation Station Part #2”

1. April 4, 2011 at 10:19 am

The cars’s looking tight ! Especially liking the inclusion of a late 90′s Lord Clothing sticker on the tank.

2. 2 racer86
    April 4, 2011 at 11:58 am

Ha, thanks man! Yeah i’m an old skool BMXer at heart and still have the left over stickers to prove it!

3. April 5, 2011 at 6:08 am

engine bay looks great, Rob, top job mate.

4. April 5, 2011 at 6:41 am

Nice to see the KP getting some love….diggin’ the new rocker cover color. And is that a 4AGE oil cap I spy? The bay looks good man, nice work.

5. 5 Zhar
    April 6, 2011 at 6:14 am

You got 1 of the the cleanest KP30, just amazing. Great blog, keep it up!

6. April 10, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Good man. My sticker collection is also full of old BMX companies. Just need a decent steed to put them on now !

7. 7 go kart tyer fitment ollie
    April 15, 2011 at 7:32 am

i love your rock cover color reminds me of my old A35 lol dude why dont you run a strut brace?with all that camber

8. 8 Kevin Truong
    May 20, 2011 at 4:44 am

I Luv your ride! This project is this best example of this car I’ve ever seen anywhere round the world. Not even in Japan, have I seen a better example. I think its the color combo and things deleted that leaves it looking super clean. Freakin bloody love it man!