So, this weekend battery relocation escalated… Six weeks later here’s how it sits!
I got carried away and re-painted the bay and rocker lid. That’s not what took the time though; There’s been the usual mix of real life getting in the way of play time, but I did end up spending a whole week chasing electrical gremlins. I knew me and wiring was a bad idea. The problem turned out to be a combination of a dodgy earth and a (subsequently) fried voltage regulator (sorry, phone pics).
A massive shout has to go to Luke at WOSP Performance who sorted me out with a plug and play electric regulator (and a spare mechanical one). I never thought I’d get one to fit the car second-hand, nevermind an upgraded electrical one.
Oh yeah, this pic shows how it was before. I’ve moved everything under the wing and built a new loom to keep everything in the bay clean.
LSD plans have taken a back seat for now. Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this. I think I’m going to convert the axle to a 5.6″ over next winter and with that get some new wheels. Now the weather is better I don’t want the car off the road!