About these ads

Sep

For Fashion?

Just sayin’

Cannock Chase today. I was pretty surprised I didn’t ghost it off the roof too…

seriously though, this blog does not need more pics of my car with shit on the roof.  I’ll stop now.  Probably.

About these ads

6 Responses to “For Fashion?”

1. September 9, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Hey, CC is just up the road from me, you local too?

2. September 20, 2010 at 4:49 pm

yeh cannock is just down the road from me too

3. 3 New Duke
    January 5, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Hey racer, just found your blog but reading through the old entries has been good fun, so thanks.

Are you still using the Handirack? Has it caused your roof any stress/damage yet? I’m thinking about getting one for my Mk2 (which has the same hardtop as your Eunos I think) to hold a rigid ski tube which shouldn’t weigh much more than your bike. But would first appreciate your feedback as you’ve been using it for months now.

4. 4 New Duke
    January 5, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Ah, just re-read and saw that you’re rockin’ an E30 now instead, I thought you still had the roadster too. Sorry, feel free to ignore my last question.

5. 5 racer86
    January 5, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Hi,

Yeah, it should be ideal for your ski tube. It did scratch the roof a little and put a couple of marks on it where the straps went through the windows, but you could just put a rug or something on the roof before you fitted it and you would be fine.

Rob.

6. February 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I already have a handirack which I currently use on my 2 door 1.7 Ford Puma… I mount my 2011 Spesh Camber Expert upside down on top of the rack with the seat locked 90 degrees to the side so it fits snugly in the dimple between the inflated tubes of the rear handirack. I can also fit my mate’s Cube hartail at the same time by mounting his bike facing the oppsite way to mine as the wide handlebars clash otherwise!

Cannock is my fav along with the Marin Trail however Landegla is my usual trip as it is the nearest as excellent anyway especially the freeride section.

My question is… I am shortly to get a mk2.5 MX5 but won’t be getting a hard roof so was wondering WILL A BIKE MOUNT ON THE BOOT IN THE SAME WAY YOU HAVE MOUNTED YOUR BKE ON THE ROOF? The handirack would be put accross the boot rather than across the roof as you have done. If it fits it might be more aerodynamic than your solution and hopefully the roof could still be retracted :)

If that is a non starter I’ll have to get a boot rack which I will then mount the bike/s too, again upside down and longitudinally for areodynamic reasons

When we took our bikes on the boot mounted bike rack of my mates Saab convertable we took the decision to have the roof down and it couldn’t put it up once the bikes where mounted, we froze on the m’way and where too cold to stop and re-mount the bikes! hahaha!